South HR842 tablet stopped recognizing any SIM cards

Hi Bob,

I need some help urgently. My South HR842 tablet stopped recognizing any SIM cards. I updated windows and all drivers, but it still says “Insert SIM”. The tablet was hardly ever used, it is like new, no damage and/or dirt. I would appreciate your help.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Can you give us some more information about the windows version and firmware that is currently installed on the tablet. When you say any sim cards, do you mean you tried multiple that do work in other devices? Just to clarify:)

Hi Andrew,

I have Windows 10, and no firmware installed.
Yes, I tried multiple SIM cards. They work in other devices.
I appreciate your help.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Please try to reboot it. And get a test.

Thanks,
SOUTH-Tao

Hi Tao,

I rebooted several times, but no result.

Hi Robert,

You use this device for the first time? Could you please tell me which country you used it?

Yes, first time. I’m in Ireland.

Hi Robert,

You use it in the city or suburb?

Which network service provider’s SIM card do you use?3(Three), Meteor or Vodafone?

And cloud you please send me a video about this situation?

Thanks,
Tao

Hi Tao,

I tried to use it in city and suburb too. I inserted Vodafone and Eir SIM cars. Both of them work on my phone but not on my tablet.
Processing: 20220601_124610[1].jpg…
I’m not sure what to show in a video. I took a picture of screen, please, see attachment.
I appreciate your help.

Robert

Hi Robert,

I can’t see the screenshot…

Anyway, i just want to check wheather it can be shown in it and can’t connect the network.

Try to set your tabet’s APN with these steps:WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

Sorry for that I can’t send picture to this web now so i send these files with share link.

And the APN username, password other information need you to do it.

Best Wishes,
Tao

Hi Tao,

Thanks for the link. I cannot open the file (using Windows)

This is possibly because the image is too large. Try uploading a smaller sized image

Can you give me an email address? I can send the screenshot there.

I had same trouble. Sim was inserted wrong way round.! The chamfered edge goes in first.
The sealing tab is a little confusing.

Its nothing to do with APNs.

You are a STAR!!! It worked. Thanks for your help, and everyone who tried to help me.

Glad it worked.
Unit sometimes loses mobile network.
You have to reset network settings, its takes a few minutes but sim option will re appear.
Best of luck!