We have a South G7 base - rover station system in Ethiopia and have to make a first elevation base point to which we can reference rover points. Is there anyone who has done this with the G7 and has written a small manual with steps and configurations used? It is not clear to me from the G7 manuals how to do this.
Would the following procedure be appropriate for getting a first elevation point using the base station?
- Set up base station on tripod, measure height above surface of station
- choose coordinate system (WGS84?)
- Set up the base station in Static mode
- Record data (what format, interval?)
- Let station measure for a couple of hours
- Download recorded data and post process to get good elevation estimate
- Assign the obtained elevation to this point forming a base for the rover.
I hope that someone can enlighten me on this.