Formatting Raw File

Field Genius provides the option to export a .raw file with a lot of useful information on points surveyed. In particular, information on the accuracy of points, (Errors, fixed/floating etc.) which can be useful when reviewing survey information.
The formatting is awkward though as the information for each point is spread over 9 rows when opened in excel.
Is there a way to open or format the file and have all the information for each point on one row to allow for easier viewing?

Regards,
John

Hi @John-C,

Happy to help you with this :slightly_smiling_face:
Can you send an example of the excel file you’re talking about?

Have you ever used SurvX?

Regards,
Hugo

That’s much appreciated Hugo,
I have never used SurvX,
How can I send you an excel file?

You can just send a picture of the excel file in this topic if you like.

SurvX has a lot more options for exporting files. But let’s try to fix this issue first :slightly_smiling_face:

RawFile
Here is an example in excel. I opened the .raw file as a comma delimited file. The line highlighted is the main information I would be interested in but the survey time and antenna height may be useful sometimes too.

I think this is what you’re looking for right?

20220705151254.csv (4.1 KB)

Yes that is exactly what I am looking for.

That file was exported from SurvX software. With FieldGenius it’s not possible to export it like that.
FieldGenius is very minor in export file format options, SurvX has a lot more export file format options.

The best solution I think is to use SurvX if you want that kind of detailed data.

Thanks for your help Hugo,

We will look into changing our surveying software,

Regards,
John

No problem John!
Glad I could help :slightly_smiling_face: